The Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center has been a leader in clinical training since May 1890. It was then that a contract with the Milwaukee Woman's Training School was established to provide training and employment for these nursing professionals. In January 1946, the hospital affiliated with the Marquette University School of Medicine offering residency programs for the training of graduate physicians an medical specialists. Within a year, training programs for undergraduate medical students were also started.
Through affiliations with Medical College of Wisconsin and other schools and colleges, clinical traineeships and fellowships are provided to students in many professions, including nurses, pharmacists, dentists, audiologists, dietitians, social workers, psychologists, physical therapists, physician assistants, respiratory therapists, and nursing. Additional information about VA academic programs is also available through the Veterans Health Administration Office of Academic Affiliations web site web site .
Veterans Crisis Line:
1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | 810 Vermont Avenue, NW Washington DC 20420
Last updated August 27, 2013