Milwaukee VA Medical Center
Milwaukee VA Medical Center provides a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and manage your own health.
Our Patient Library is staffed by an experienced patient education librarian. The library contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos and other materials. To search health and vocational information, the Library also has public access computers.
The Patient Library is located on the 6th floor of the Main Hospitial (111), room 6300. The Library is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Classes include —
- smoking cessation
- blood pressure management
- diabetes management
- MOVE! (weight loss)
- Krames Online - The most up-to-date patient education resource. At VISN 12 we believe a patient’s well being is above all else. We realize sometimes questions slip your mind when dealing with one of our healthcare professionals, and now you can search for answers 24 hours a day. With access to more than 4,000 topics relating to health and medication, Krames Online allows you and your family the ability to find answers to most questions, both big and small. Simply click on the search function to begin.